Ever have a morning when you push the snooze button 16 times, convince yourself that your shower can wait until tomorrow, and that those leggings you wore yesterday will suffice for today too?
I know I have, quite often actually. But then as I am flustered and running around trying to get stuff together I realize my hair is a mess. Welp, have I got news for you that will send those worries runnin for the hills, drum roll please....Have no fear! The SOCK BUN is here!
This style is super quick and easy to do.
This picture above is the first day I actually learned how to do it. I was laying in bed on pinterest clearly getting ready like I should have been. So I did a little pinteresting and found this little gem. All you have to do is pull your hair back into a ponytail, take an old sock (cut the toe off and then roll it up until it resembles a donut.) Pull your pony straight up in the air and put the end of your pony in the open hole of the donut. Simultaneously roll the sock donut down as you tuck the ends of your hair under the donut. When you roll it all the way down, VIOLA! A Sock Bun!
Helpful Hints:
- Since I have layers my hair frays sometimes, I find that using water to wet the ends of my hair makes rolling the donut down easier and I have less frayed ends.
- I also find that using a few bobbi pins helps keep my little sock bun in place for all day playtime with no worries.
Whether you are going to work, running errands, a party or for a walk the sock bun is a for sure way to look regal but relaxed and it stays all day!

No comments:
Post a Comment